1 West Avenida de los Arboles, Thousand Oaks CA, 91360
October 21, 2018, 2:00 – 8:00 PM
- Levels: Preparatory through and including Level Four (per the CM Syllabus).
- Deadline to apply: Noon, Sunday, Oct. 7.
- Click ELCF Application Link
- Fee: $12.00 per performer.
- Date and Time: October 21, 2018; 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Exact time may vary.
- Location: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Music allowed: Music of 20th and 21st century composers, from Preparatory through level Four which displays composition techniques such as pointillism, modes and contrived scales, polyrhythm and polytonality, jazz idioms, and others., that is, SOLO pieces written for the purpose of instruction, i.e. Pedagogic Compositions), are allowed in this category. Teachers may consult the CM syllabus for guidance or chairperson for questionable entries.
- Time limit: Three minutes. More than one piece by the same or by different composers will be allowed as long as combined time does not exceed 3 minutes.
- Memorization: Pianists may not be used during performance. Other disciplines may use music as is customary to their discipline.
Dress and Decorum: It is requested that students show respect for this event through their dress. It is recommended they dress as follows:
- Boys: slacks with a belt and tucked in buttoned shirt with collar with dress shoes. Jacket and tie are desirable.
- Girls: a dress or a skirt and blouse and dressy shoes.
Shorts, t-shirts, blue-jeans and white or colored sneakers are not allowed (exception: black sneakers).
Special Instructions: Students are to number the first measure of each line of their music and bring it to the performance for use by the judge. Students are to arrive no less than fifteen minutes prior to his or her group’s start time.
Address questions to: email@example.com Cell: (805) 427-2786.