Festimantic presents MTAC Conejo Valley students performing on YouTube’s global stage. Students upload their video performances of music from the Romantic and Impressionistic eras to YouTube where their performances are viewed and evaluated by three international judges.
Festimantic, MTAC Conejo Valley
Sunday, April 26, 2020; 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Eligibility: Instrumentalists – Levels 5 – Advanced;
Vocalists – Levels 3 – Advanced
- Repertoire Selection: Compositions from the Romantic and Impressionistic Eras approximately 1825 – 1900
- Repertoire Time Limits: Pieces with multiple sections or movements are limited to 4 minutes total. Single movements or single works may exceed the 4-minute time limit.
- Memorization: All performances must be memorized
- Entry Fee: $25.00
Festival Timeline and Procedures:
- Video Upload Deadline: 11:59 PM, April 1, 2020
- Deadline for sending the URLs to the Festimantic Chair: 11:59 PM, April 1, 2020
- Registration Fee Deadline: 11:59 PM, April 1, 2020. Student URLs will not be forwarded to the judges unless all fees are paid in full.
- Judging Period: April 2, 2019, through April 16, 2019. The Festimantic Chair retains the name of the student and their teacher’s name. Judges receive only a numbered list with the URL addresses and the name of the pieces(s) being performed. Judges will evaluate each video performance and give it a numerical score. All students will receive a written evaluation from each judge and a certificate of participation. Highest scoring students will be selected to play in the Honors Recital.
- Honors Recipients Announced: TBD
- Honors Recital Participant Deadline: TBD
- Festival Honors Recital: April 26, 2020.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
1 West Avenida de los Arboles, Thousand Oaks CA, 91360