Hillcrest Center for the Arts, 403 W. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
October 26 & 27, 2019, 9:00 AM – 6:00PM
- Who may enter: Level 5 – Advanced Panel
- Registration: Opens September 1, 2019, and closes October 6, 2019.
- Fee: $32.00 per performer. An additional charge of $4 will be added to request the day and another $4 will be added for a time request.
- Date and Time: Preliminary Festival, October 26 & 27, 2019 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Gold Medal Festival, November 10, 2019, from 11:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Advanced Contemporary Festival: (click) Application Link
- Time Limit: Although pieces may be played in their entirety at the Gold Medal Festival, there is a 4-minute time limit at the preliminary.
- Music Allowed: Contemporary music from the last 100 years. (Note: composer must have lived within the last 100 years). Please request a list of composers who are NOT ALLOWED in this festival if you do not already have one
- Memorization: Pianists may not use music during their performance. Other disciplines may use music as is customary to their discipline.
Dress and Decorum: It is requested that students show respect for this event through their dress. It is recommended they dress as follows:
- Boys: slacks with a belt and tucked in buttoned shirt with collar with dress shoes. Jacket and tie are desirable.
- Girls: a dress or a skirt and blouse and dressy shoes.
Shorts, t-shirts, blue-jeans and white or colored sneakers are not allowed (exception: black sneakers).
Special Instructions: Students are to number the first measure of each line of their music and bring it to the performance for the judges use. Students are to arrive no less than fifteen minutes prior to his or her group’s start time.
Address questions to: email@example.com