From the early, medieval compositions of composer, writer, scientist Hildegard of Bingen, through the extraordinary works of 2017’s all female Pulitzer prize finalists, Ashley Fure, Kate Super, and winner Du Yun, and to this year’s 2019 Tony Award’s Best Musical Hadestown by Anaïs Mitchell, women’s contributions to music have resonated throughout history. The MTAC Conejo Valley’s Women Composers Festival celebrates the contributions of women composers.
On September 22, 2019, the MTAC Conejo Valley invites you to hear a variety of music compositions by women performed by our branch’s students who, in addition to their musical performance, will share with the audience a bit about the composition and its composer.
- Eligibility: Students of all levels, instrumentalists and vocalists
- Repertoire: Compositions by women composers only, memorization is optional
- Special Instructions: Students must be prepared to introduce their composer and their piece
- Registration Deadline: 5 PM, September 6, 2019
- Application Fee: $14
- Date and Time: September 22, 2019; 2:15 PM to 7:45 PM. Exact recital times will vary.
- Location: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (map and directions below)