Synopsis: The Early Level Baroque/Classical Festival (ELBCF) provides an encouraging performance experience of 18th and early 19th Century music for students at the Preparatory through Fifth Level of study. It further promotes the appreciation and understanding of these two important classical styles through an evaluation by a qualified judge.
- Who may enter: Preparatory through level 5.
- Entry and Payment Deadline: Noon, January 27, 2019
- Fee: $12.00 per performer.
- Date and Time: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 2:00-7:00 p.m. Exact time may vary.
- Location: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Time Limit: Three minutes. A student may play more than one piece by either the same or a different composer as long as the combined time does not exceed 3 minutes.
- Music Allowed: Preparatory thru Five (5). Music written between 1600 through ca. 1830, Teachers may consult the CM syllabus for guidance., Contact the chairperson with questions regarding repertoire selections.
- Memorization: Pianists may not use music during the performance. Other disciplines may use music as is customary to their discipline.
Dress and Decorum: It is requested that students show respect for this event through their dress. It is recommended they dress as follows:
- Boys: slacks with a belt and tucked in buttoned shirt with collar with dress shoes. Jacket and tie are desirable.
- Girls: dress or a skirt and blouse and dressy shoes.
Shorts, t-shirts, blue-jeans and white or colored sneakers are not allowed (exception: black sneakers).
Special Instructions: Students are to number the first measure of each line of their music and bring it to the performance for the judges use. Students are to arrive no less than fifteen minutes prior to his or her group’s start time.