Dear Parents of Certificate of Merit Students,
We are pleased to offer this valuable program for your children’s musical education. In accordance with the state MTAC recommendations, we have implemented the following guidelines for the Certificate of Merit Theory Test on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 3645 Moorpark Road in Thousand Oaks:
* All students must arrive between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm. Check-in will close at 2:00 pm (Upper level students (Levels 8 to Advanced) need to arrive by 1:00).
* No cell phones or any other items that connect to the Internet are allowed in the testing area (students must leave their cell phones in the check-in area prior to going into testing).
* No backpacks are allowed.
* Please do not bring CD or MP3 players (we will provide MP3 players).
* Parents with children in grades Kindergarten through Grade 5 should wait outside on the premises for their children. Please arrange for an appropriate pick up time for your older children.
* Your children should bring 2 sharpened pencils with erasers.
* Your children may bring a book to read while waiting for you after the test. It must be labeled with their name. The book must be left in the check-in area.
* Parents are not allowed to wait in the building.
We thank you in advance for your consideration regarding the above guidelines. The guidelines are in place to help our testing day go smoothly and to be fair to all the students. Please let your children know that we will be there to answer any of their questions and to explain the testing process. We are looking forward to our Certificate of Merit Theory Testing day.
Your Certificate of Merit teachers
Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints
3645 Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Check in: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm